Private Car Comprehensive Policy
2. What’s not Covered
IronRock will not pay for:
1. The first amount of any claim for damage to your own vehicle otherwise payable – referred to as the Excess.
In respect of own damage claims, IronRock will not pay for the first:
i. 5% of the Insured value, each and every loss;
ii. 5% of the Insured value whilst the motor vehicle is being driven by a declared driver who is under 21 years of age, &/or has not held a full driver’s licence for more than 12 months; or
iii. 10% of the Insured value whilst the motor vehicle is being driven by a non-declared driver who is under 21 years of age, &/or has not held a full driver’s licence for more than 12 months.
2. Any accident loss, damage or liability caused sustained or incurred whilst the motor vehicle insured under this policy is:
a. outside of Jamaica;
b. being used otherwise than in accordance with the Limitations as to Use;
c. being driven by or is for the purpose of being driven by him in the charge of any person other than an Authorised Driver except that the indemnity provided to the Insured in respect of the Motor Vehicle shall operate whilst such Motor Vehicle is in the custody or control of a member of the Motor Trade for the purpose of overhaul upkeep or repair.
3. Any liability which attaches by virtue of an agreement, but which would not have attached in the absence of such agreement.
4. Any liability for death or bodily injury to any person arising out of an in the course of the employment of such person by the Insured (this should instead be insured under an Employer’s Liability policy).
5. Any sum which the Insured would have been entitled to recover from any party but for an agreement between the Insured and such party.
6. Compensation for damages in respect of judgements delivered or obtained in the first instance otherwise than by a Court of competent jurisdiction within Jamaica, as well as costs and expenses of litigation recovered by any claimant from the Insured which are not incurred in and recoverable in Jamaica.
7. Consequential loss depreciation wear and tear mechanical or electrical breakdown failures or breakages.
8. Damage to tyres unless the Motor Vehicle is damaged at the same time.