Homeowners’ Comprehensive Policy
3. Making a Claim
Steps to Making a Claim
1. If necessary, report the incident to the appropriate emergency services (police, ambulance, fire department etc.)
2. You can report online, by telephone, email or by visiting our office. You must provide full particulars of the incident, on our prescribed Claim Form, to an IronRock representative as soon as possible, and not later than thirty (30) days after its occurrence. All incidents must be reported even if you do not intend to make a claim.
3. Document everything. Photograph or videotape the aftermath of any loss or damage and record any evidence you believe to be related to the incident.
4. Keep receipts for any costs incurred to mitigate further loss, or any crucial repairs, as these costs may be reimbursed.
5. Depending on the items lost or damaged you may be asked to present evidence such as:
c. Bank statements as evidence of purchase
d. CCTV footage if available
6. Depending on the type of loss and severity we may hire an adjustor to assess the damage and provide an estimate for the repairs.
7. Note that you are obligated to allow our authorised representative to enter any building where the loss has occurred and take or keep possession of the Property and deal with the salvage in a reasonable manner.
8. Upon receipt of our assessor’s report, we will proceed with your claim settlement.