2. What’s not Covered
IronRock will not pay for:
1. The first amount of any claim for damage to your property otherwise payable – referred to as the Deductible.
i. In respect of own damage claims, IronRock will not pay for the first:
a. Hurricane, Cyclone, Tornado and Windstorm;
b. Rain accompanying the Perils stated in (a) above;
c. Earthquake and Volcanic Eruption;
d. Fire and/or Flood (including Overflow of the Sea) caused by the Perils stated in (a), (b), or (c) above;
a sum equivalent to 2% of the Sum Insured by each Item as set out in the Schedule.
ii. In respect of each and every incident, loss, destruction or damage by any other Insured Peril (other than Fire or Lightning), the amount of $20,000.00. This shall apply to each Item for which purpose all insured Items set out in the Schedule at the same address will be regarded as one Item.
2. Loss, damage or destruction caused by or resulting from subsidence or landslip (unless written back into the policy by extension).
3. Loss, damage or destruction of or to any property:
a. during the course of construction, reconstruction or repair; and
b. kept in outbuildings not constructed entirely of brick, concrete, stone or metal on metal or wood frame.
4. Confiscation or destruction of Property by order of any local authority.
5. Compensation for damages in respect of judgements delivered or obtained in the first instance otherwise than by a Court of competent jurisdiction within Jamaica as well as any aggravated, exemplary or punitive damages.
6. Liability to members of your household. Note that Liability to Domestic Employees is covered, subject to policy conditions.
7. Bodily injury or damage arising out of or incidental to:
a. any wilful or malicious act by any member of your household or any person in your service;
b. use of mechanically propelled vehicles including lifts or elevators; and
c. the profession/business of any member of your household, except as provided for by Liability to Domestic Employees.
8. Theft, or bursting/overflow of pipes and appliances if the home is left unoccupied for more than 40 days.