Cargo Insurance Policy
3. What’s not Covered
IronRock will not pay for:
1. Loss, damage or expense attributable to your willful misconduct.
2. Ordinary leakage, ordinary loss in weight/volume, or ordinary wear and tear of the insured cargo.
3. Loss, damage or expense caused by unsuitable packing or preparation of cargo (where such packing or preparation is carried out you or your employees, or prior to the attachment of this insurance
4. Loss, damage or expense caused by inherent vice or nature of the subject-matter insured.
5. Loss, damage or expense caused by delay, even though the delay be caused by a risk insured against.
6. Loss, damage or expense caused by insolvency or financial default of the owners, managers, charterers or operators of the shipping vessel, where, at the time of loading of the insured cargo on board the vessel, you are aware, or should have been aware, that such insolvency or financial default could prevent the normal prosecution of the voyage.
7. Loss, damage or expense directly or indirectly caused by or arising from the use of any weapon or device employing atomic or nuclear fission and/or fusion or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter.
8. In no case shall this insurance cover loss damage or expense arising from:
a. unseaworthiness of vessel or unfitness of vessel for the safe carriage of the insured cargo, where you are privy to such unseaworthiness or unfitness, at the time the subject-matter insured is loaded therein;
b. unfitness of container or conveyance for the safe carriage of the insured cargo, where loading therein or thereon is carried out prior to attachment of this insurance or by you or your employees and they are privy to such unfitness at the time of loading.
9. The first amount of any claim for damage to your property otherwise payable – referred to as the Deductible. Deductibles are negotiated on a per contract basis.